Safe Sex Guidelines
Safe sex guidelines are really important in the time of HIV. So Be sexy – Be safe!
It’s easy to have sex safely without sacrificing a good time.
Here are our tips for staying healthy while having fun.
- Use condoms for intercourse (vaginal and anal). Most condoms are Latex so if you have a Latex allergy you will have to use Latex Free Products. Try Skynn Condoms. For more information on condoms, read our article on Condoms.
- Use a barrier during all types of oral sex, latex or otherwise. Dental dams or Glad Wrap work well.
- Use latex gloves or finger cots for hand or finger penetration of the vagina or anus.
- Use condoms on sex toys used by more than one person for any type of penetration (change the condom for each person) or on toys that go from anus to vagina. It also helps preserve the toy.
- Use only water-based lubricants with latex products. Oil of any kind, Vaseline, Coconut Oil and hand lotion included, destroys latex. Steer clear of “water-soluble” lubes, which frequently contain oil. Store your Latex products in a cool, dry place.
- Never re-use latex products and avoid using them after the expiration date.
Keep reading if you want to know more about the use of Condoms, Dental Dams and Latex Gloves