Using condoms can be sexy! It’s all about your attitude and how you choose to put them on.
Sign up for our Oral Sex Course for tips and techniques on how to use your mouth!
- Use only latex or polyurethane versions. Natural skin (lamb intestine) condoms are not effective barriers to viruses. Do not use latex if you suffer from a latex allergy, try Skynn instead. Durex have always been a popular choice.
- When putting it on, pinch the air from the reservoir tip and roll onto the penis or toy. (A trapped air bubble can cause the condom to break.) Uncircumcised men should pull their foreskins back to help prevent the condom from slipping. A drop of lube inside the tip of the condom can enhance sensation for the wearer.
- The actual variation in condom size is slight, but features vary between brands, so experiment to see which you like best!
- Most condoms are lubricated with either a wet, gel or a dry silicone powder.
- Can’t stand the taste of the lubricant? Try a flavoured brand, Assegai or Intimate Organics Range of Lubricants. You may also want to try using a water-based flavoured gel or lube.
- Add only water based lubricant when using a condom during intercourse to reduce friction and the chance of breakage.
Female Condoms are available. For more on how to use it, read our article on Female Condoms under the Making Sex Better Category.